Filling my resolutions for this new year, I noticed that many of them have to do with my lifestyle, what I eat, how much physical training I do ..
So I thought I’d share with you a few of ways to have a more healthy and happy new year.
Starting from the beauty, not many know that instead of spending a lot of money in creams and masks for face and body, you can recreate them at home with a few ingredients that you already have in your kitchen.
- Body wrap with green clay and coffee grounds, leave on for 20 minutes.
- Scrub with brown sugar, coconut or avocado oil and essential oils (lavender, vanilla and / or grapefruit). Removes dead skin cells and leaves your skin soft and revitalized.
- Face mask with honey, milk, egg yolk and almond flour.
- Use the used tea bags on the eyes to deflate the eyelids and relieve tired eyes.
These are just some of the beauty products that can be created at home; they have many benefits and are not too expensive.
Obviously the ingredients you have at home are not only useful to create facial creams, but you can also prepare tasty and healthful smoothies.
- banana, strawberries, soy milk and flaxseed
- cabbage, blueberries, pineapple, greek yogurt, avocado and water
Unfortunately, for the physical exercises I’m not an expert and I can not say which is better to do; but I can recommend you an app and several blogs and websites that will help you build the perfect workout for you and give you advice about it.
PumpUp is an app that I discovered by chance and I fell in love with. It’s a mix of social and fitness; it offers a great community with whom you can share your progress by posting your photos. Also it allows you to customize workouts, choosing the length, difficulty and areas of the body that you want to train.
Here are some fitness websites that you can visit:
- Girls Gone Strong
- Ask Lauren Fleshman – the olympic runner’s blog, who answers to all your questions
- Consigli Fitness
- Workout Italia
There is time to train, and there is time to relax; and for both of these times you can rely on special playlist. You can search already made playlists on Spotify or 8TRACKS.
One very important thing to improve their way of life is to stop smoking, and I have some special advice to give you; which were kindly provided by Pascal Culverhouse, founder and managing director of Electric Tobacconist, with whom I had the pleasure of working for this article.
Quitting smoking is difficult, and only 15% of people who try without help are successful. So it’s important to get help from a doctor, relative or a friend and not stop smoking suddenly.
Switch to electronic cigarette is an excellent start and is 95% safer than cigarette. Besides using it you can gradually reduce the amount of nicotine that is assumed and it does not contain carcinogenic chemicals.
It’s important to remember that every small step forward, for example switching from 20 to 10 cigarettes a day, is a progress and that you can not stop smoking all of a sudden, because otherwise the addiction will return stronger than before.
Electronic cigarettes have a lower level of risk, leave no bad smell on your clothes and hair, using them you will soon feel in better shape and your taste buds will come back to work.
Disclaimer: This post was not in any way sponsored, I wanted to give you detailed and professional information and my honest opinion.
Finally I give you some tips on how to be the best version of yourself you can be and optimize your lifestyle:
- Do at least one good deed a day, the little things make the difference.
- Detox from social medias.
- Find a partner for your workouts.
- Take selfies every month to see your progress and keep you motivated.
- Do not believe everything you read, ask well before embarking on a diet and if necessary, consult a specialist.
- Fill in a calendar and try to follow it.
- Do not eat too much junk food, but taking a cheat day is totally fine.
- Cook what you eat and use fresh ingredients.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Sleep at least 8 hours per night.