Taking time for yourself is fundamental. Relaxing, pushing away stress and daily problems, doing something just for yourself.
Sometimes I like to take a few days, or even a week if I’m on holiday, to detox my body and mind.
Let’s call it a rehab.
- Wear comfy clothes and sneakers
- Don’t drink any gassy drinks
- Go for a walk outside and smell the good fresh air
- Do a hot long bath with salts
- Do a lot of relaxing activities such as reading, painting or knitting
- Make a gratitud|things-that-make-me-feel-happy list
Full week detox:
- Do an alcohol detox and don’t drink anything that would make you laugh for no reason
- Use and eat only natural things. Go to the farmers’ market and buy fresh vegetables and food, also go to the herbalist’s shop and buy a good natural body and face cream and essential oils to perfume your home and to use along your usual products
- Start a no make-up week. Bare your skin for 7 days, let it breath and eject all the toxins
- Now I won’t tell you to abandon your phone and computer for a full week but maybe for three days would be perfect.
Just take a break from all this digital and virtual world, connect with your inner self and with the ones you love.
So: no computer, no cellphone, no text, no instashots, no snaps, no tweets.. well you got it.
The best DIY detoxing products that I make for myself pretty much all yearlong are the lemon and green tea body scrub, the coffee face scrub and the ginger and lemon infusion.
They are PERFECT.
I always love a good scrub and since my skin is very sensitive I need to use only natural products so why not making it myself?
It’s very simple and quick and I bet you already have the ingredients at your home:
- 1 cup of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup of used coffee grains
- 1 cup of coconut or extra olive oil (or only half, depending on what you prefer)
- Lemon peel and lemon juice
After the scrub apply a moisturizing body cream to hydrate the skin – my favorite is Aveeno, the best I’ve ever tried
While on vacation I watch a ton of movies – I always watch a ton of movies but let’s pretend I don’t for a moment.
Here are the perfect ones for every taste:
- Animation – for wo wants to laugh and just purely enjoy a movie alone or with the family: RAPUNZEL
- Romantic/Dramatic – for the ones that need to let it all out and just cry, fantasize about the perfect love story and laugh a little too: THE CHOICE
- Action/Comedy – for who needs a good dose of violence, sarcasm and adrenaline: DEADPOOL
And remember, an Harry Potter marathon is always a good idea
Another thing I enjoy a lot is listening to music, calming and relaxing music.
You can find many playlists of this kind on Spotify, my favorites are “Acoustic Afternoon” and “Good Vibes” the songs I like the most are:
Bloom – The Paper Kites
Nights With You – MR
One Step At A Time – Bearson
Tiger Striped Sky – Roo Panes
During this period (and all year long) I have no willing force to exercise but you have to make some workout to keep you energized, expel toxins, tone the muscles and wake you up a bit.
Some simple moves you can do every day are:
- 15 squats any time you go to the bathroom.
Yes you’ve understood right: every time you go peeing (or do number 2) when you have finished you stay on the spot and do 15 regular squats.
I suppose you go to the bathroom about 3 times every day so that’s 45 squats a day, not bad as a start!
You can also do it when you get up in the morning and before going to bed – that make it a total of 75.
- Do you have stairs in your house? Use them! A lot. Go up and down, depending on how many steps you have and in that way you’ll tone the buttocks and your legs.
- Go running, jogging or even just walking outside for a good hour, catch some fresh air and keep your rhythm constant
For who wants to do a bit more effort, download the app “daily yoga” and start doing yoga every day, like I am (well, I’m trying)
Do you ever have a pampering night or day? Which products and activities do you prefer? Share them in the comments below!